Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Bookmarks aren't syncing with iCloud (Read 43196 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Bookmarks aren't syncing with iCloud
Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I don't know yet.  The only Apple-sanctioned method for accessing Safari bookmarks has now been deprecated by Apple, apparently for the same reasons that we never used it: complex, slow, and buggy.

The good news is: Now that that's been confirmed, we know what we need to do and are proceeding.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Stephen Baishya
Reply #12 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:11am:
After a few more tries, we finally received a response from Apple engineering this afternoon that makes sense.

Do you think you will be able to fix the issue?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:11am
Print Post  
After a few more tries, we finally received a response from Apple engineering this afternoon that makes sense.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 6:06am
Print Post  
We received a response from Apple which we feel is incongruous, and have now escalated the issue in order to get a better answer.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
I just talked to a a rep from Apple Developer Technical Services on the phone and confirmed that our request has been waiting in the queue since October 29, but they don't have anyone to work on it yet.  Life must be tough when you have 80 billion on the bank.

As usual, Apple won't promise a date.  At this time, I still want to wait for their guidance before proceeding with this.  Although I'm starting to get impatient myself, I appreciate the patience of our users.

Indeed, we plan to fix BookMacster first and then, if possible, Bookdog later.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jeff
Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to a correction for this. I had updated from Bookdog to BookMacster hoping that would fix my iCloud sync issues.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I hate to say this, but we're waiting to get the proper direction from Apple.  It's a thorny issue, and we want to make sure that our architecture is correct before proceeding.  They missed their within 3 business days response time.  I suspect the reason is that last week was probably hell for them (*), but next week should be better.

Jerry

(*) They had planned to implement new restrictions last week which many developers were having trouble with, and I suspect that their Developer Technical Support department was swamped.  This implementation
date has since been pushed back, so they should be getting some breathing room now.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Stephen Baishya
Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Any update on ETA for a fix? Smiley

By the way, the checkbox Gangee refered to is displayed when posting.

I checked it when I first replied, and I too am not getting notified of additional replies.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 3:54am
Print Post  
No, BookMacster doesn't use the API (Sync Services), because accessing the plist file directly has always been faster and more reliable.  (Ask anyone who's ever had MobileMe throw a convulsion and create a duplicate of each bookmark.)

Anyhow, it looks like we might have to finally bite the bullet on this.  To expedite the process, Apple has a Support Incident from us waiting for their return on Monday morning.  I suppose this will take like a week-ish or more to get it fixed.  As I said, it's our priority for next week.

Gangee, regarding Forum notifications, I don't see any checkbox like you've described.  Please read this:

http://sheepsystems.com/discuss/YaBB.pl?num=1285423601

and if that does not resolve the issue, let us know.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Stephen Baishya
Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
I am experiencing a similar issue.

If I set up my MacBook Pro and iOS devices to sync bookmarks via iCloud, it works until BookMacster processes the bookmarks on the Mac.

Once BookMacster has changed something, no further changes on the Mac get pushed to the iOS devices.

I'm not sure if BookMacster uses an API, or if it directly accesses Safari's Bookmarks.plist files, but whatever it does is breaking iCloud sync.

IP Logged

Gangee
Ex Member
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
On a separate note, I'm not getting notifications of a new post. I have notifications checked, "Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic".

IP Logged

Gangee
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Howdy Jerry,

What I mean by "iCloud" is that in iTunes, I have it set to sync my bookmarks with my iCloud account, over the air.

So using iCloud, when I add or change a bookmark on either my Macbook Pro, iPhone, or iPad, the changes should show up on the other devices.

Like I say, my bookmarks and folders are getting pushed out to my other devices. However, they're not sorted correctly on my iPhone or iPad. They are sorted correctly, on my desktop using Safari.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the report, Gangee.  We're busy finishing a BookMacster update for the next couple days, but I'll test this next week.

What do you mean by "on iCloud"?  Do you mean in an iCloud web interface?  If so, are the items properly sorted in the web interface?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Gangee
Ex Member
Bookmarks aren't syncing with iCloud
Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Howdy,

My bookmarks sync fine on my desktop (OS X, Safari). But they're not syncing completely with iCloud.

When I add a new bookmark or folder, it sorts the way it should on my desktop. The new bookmark and folder is on iCloud as well as my iPhone and iPad. But, the folders and/or bookmarks are not sorted properly.

What's up with this?

I just upgraded from Bookdog to Bookmaster, thinking it'd fix the problem. No luck.

Thanks in advance,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint